Friday, February 1, 2013

Hi kids

This blog is for you. Ten years ago as a wedding present for your aunt, I collected some of our favorite recipes in a Kelkar Family cookbook. I included family memories and tips as well as recipes. I planned to give you an expanded version when you went off to college or rented your own apartments. Instead I am posting our recipes here, so you can access them wherever you are and share them with friends. Relatives and others are welcome to read and cook along. Since you both will be away at college next year, I am going to miss cooking for you.

I have tried to check the recipes to make sure they are clear. If you have any problems, please let me know so I can update them as needed.

About me

My name is Erin Kelkar. I have a son who will graduate from UGA with an accounting degree in May and start work on a masters in the fall. My daughter graduates from high school this year and is waiting to hear from a few schools before deciding where to enroll this fall.

I grew up in New Orleans and met my Indian husband while we were both studying computer science at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I have enjoyed learning to cook Indian dishes during our twenty-five years marriage.

I am an avid cook. It is not unusual for me to spend Sunday cooking a big breakfast, a hot lunch, and dinner. Many family photos show me in my favorite spot, standing in the kitchen between the stove and sink.

Since both my kids are vegetarian, I cook lots of beans, grains, and veggies. I enjoy making bread and cook mostly from scratch. We grow vegetables, fruits, and herbs in our home garden. I try to keep food costs down by shopping grocery sales, using in season items, and growing our own food.

Blog name

The blog is named after the pretend restaurant my daughter set up in our kitchen, complete with sign and menus, many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment